Tuesday 30 October 2012

Making Things Club: spooky edition

Glitter glue bat
I love hallowe’en so when Making Things Club announced that the October meet would be hallowe’en-themed I got very excited! My best friend Heather planned her first visit to Bristol to tie in with it and we arrived promptly (okay, early – twenty minutes early) to receive spooky goodie bags with those plastic fangs I always insisted on wearing all day as a child, candy bracelets and little plastic bats. Chris was back this month and Lori was sporting skeleton tights.

Upon entry, we were directed towards paper templates and felt and each sewed ourselves a bat bow tie. I added sequins and little eyes to mine and Heather made hers yellow so that she could wear it with a black shirt and channel Batman. I felt a little lost this time in terms of what I wanted to make, once I was done with my bat. I played around a bit more with my felts, did some drawing on a photo from an encyclopaedia, started making another bow tie. Heather started making herself a little felt doll. I added some glitter details to my plastic bat.

Bat bow tie, made from felt.
There was also face-painting and creepy-themed music this month – and an announcement! Making Things Club will be opening a shop in Cabot Circus. Read more about their plans over at their blog. It’s all very exciting!

Lori as an adorable kitten.
The next Making Things Club will be on 11th November at Cafe Kino.


No comments:

Post a Comment