Sunday 29 July 2012

Call to adventure

My name is Kitty. I spent my childhood making dens and trekking through the Durham dales to make rural ruins my fairytale castle for the day, but never leaving my pale circle of being, my little spot in the world. We all have to grow up, but why should the adventures end? This blog will follow my forays into the cracks of everyday life as I clamber over the milestones and the mundane.

The Bristol skyline, the first time I saw it.
For me, my call to adventure - stage 1 of the monomyth, or hero's adventure - was a full-time job offer, 300 miles away from my family, friends and the place I had called home for most of my life, including my university years. And so, three days ago, I upped sticks and left my beloved Northeast, and came here, to Bristol: city of graffiti, mild weather and funny accents.


So far, nothing out of the ordinary has happened. But I've been plunged into this unknown place feet-first and I intend to explore it. I'll sweep aside all anxieties and find the treasure at its heart.


I hope you'll come with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment